Answers to your common questions
We are a professional, knowledgeable, and courteous property management company. We work very hard to provide the highest quality resident services you'll ever experience.
- We use professional vendors (painters, handymen, plumbers, carpet cleaners, etc) to ensure that your unit is in good condition. We inspect the work performed to ensure that everything is ready before you move in.
- We are available 24 hours a day to handle emergency maintenance repairs.
- We provide detailed Move-in and Move-out Inventory forms for proper documentation of the condition of your rental.
- All deposits that are retained by us are kept in a FDIC insured bank.
- When you sign your lease, you have a meeting with your property manager to go over all parts of the lease to help ensure that everyone is aware of their responsibilities under the lease.
- All our property managers are licensed real estate professionals according to state requirements.
- We return all calls and have centrally located offices.
Please note Rent is due no later than the 3rd, so you must have your rent in our office by the night of the 3rd. Cash payments and personal checks are never accepted, and if your rent is late, you MUST pay in a certified check or money order.You have three options for payment of your rent:
- Pay in the office - Open Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm. Address: 9464 Chamberlayne Road Suite – 200 Mechanicsville, Va. 23116 Mail your payment to office but must be received by the 5th! Address: 9464 Chamberlayne Road Suite – 200 Mechanicsville, Va. 23116
- Pay online at Tenant portal.
If you are in the military, we suggest checking with USAA first for the best rates.
2. If a guarantor is being used, a Signature Properties Signature Properties application must be completed.
3. A $55.00 non-refundable application processing fee must be submitted for each applicant and guarantor.
4. Two current paycheck stubs and letter of employment must be provided for each applicant and guarantor. If you are self-employed, a copy of your income tax return and two months bank statements must be provided in lieu of a paycheck stub and letter of employment.
5. A copy of photo ID.
Once the above criteria have been satisfied, paperwork will be considered complete.
In order to qualify, without a guarantor, prospective tenants must make a monthly net income of no less than 2.5 times the monthly rent. For example, if the monthly rent is $1,000 each applicant must make at least $2,500 (2.5 X $1,000). In addition, each applicant must also have a stable employment history, good residency history and a good credit rating. If each applicant does not meet these requirements, a guarantor or extra security may be used in lieu of them.
2. Schedule a move out inspection with the manager at least 7-10 days before move out date.
3. Remember to clean your apartment or house. Your apartment should be in the same condition that it was the day that you moved in minus normal wear and tear.
4. Provide us with your forwarding address so we know where to send the balance of your security deposit. You will receive it within 30-45 days after you move out.
- Talk to your neighbor. You are the most effective person in resolving this problem.· We have found that in most cases noisy neighbors do not realize that they are noisy and are very willing to work with you. We are more than willing to inform them of the problem but we have found that this usually creates resentment between neighbors.
- Call the police. If the noise is excessive (loud party, very loud music, domestic dispute etc.) the police are the best people to handle such a problem.
- Call us. If all else fails call Signature Properties Signature Properties at 1-804-746-7466.
Yes, Signature Properties Signature Properties offers a Home Buyer Incentive Plan.
If you are interested in purchasing the house you are currently renting, or another house anywhere in the state of Virginia, we can definitely help you! Signature Properties Signature Properties offers Home Buyer Incentive plans to current residents.
Signature Properties Signature Properties is a full service property management company, who is contracted with Business Partners through-out the state of Virginia that deals in sales, including short sales and foreclosed properties.
Email us at Info@SPMRental.com or call us at 804-746-7466 for a free listing of foreclosed properties, or other move-in ready homes in the your desired area. AND Remember, if you currently rent from Signature Properties Signature Properties, you are eligible to receive CASH BACK AT CLOSING up to 20% of the commission paid to Signature Properties Signature Properties and/or Its Business Partners at closing! No other companies in the area offer this home buying incentive to their residents, so make sure to take advantage of it.
Tenant must have leased from Signature Properties Signature Properties for a minimum of 12 months and have fulfilled all the terms & conditions of the lease agreement and left the property in rent ready condition.
Tenant’s rent must be paid on time (on or before the 5th) of each month.
You must register with Signature Properties Signature Properties prior to starting your search for a new home by signing a “Buyer Agency Agreement”.
Tenant must purchase their new home using the services of Signature Properties Signature Properties and/or its Business Partner as your Broker, which will result in a commission being paid to our company at closing. This home could be listed with ANY real estate company in the area, or be a HUD or VA Foreclosure property. The Home Buyer Incentive Plan must be disclosed on the HUD-1 or other official closing document at the time of closing. The Home Buyer Incentive Plan is only available to buyers who successfully close and proceed thru final settlement with Signature Properties Signature Properties and/or our Business Partner acting as their sole and exclusive Buyer’s agent in the purchase of real estate. As a Tenant, you will immediately be credited in your Home Buyer Incentive Plan account with $500 toward the possible purchase of your new home. Each month thereafter for a leased term of 1 year you will earn 5% of your rental amount toward your new home purchase. This Home Buyer Incentive Plan is only offered to assist you in the purchase of your new home, but under no circumstance will the Home Buyer Incentive Plan amount exceed twenty percent (20%) of the Cooperating Broker Commission ("Commission") actually received by Signature Properties Signature Properties or their Business Partner at the close of escrow/settlement for representing the buyer.
This Home Buyer Incentive Plan rebate must be used within 30 days of the conclusion of your lease with Signature Properties Signature Properties.
If any of the terms and conditions of this Home Buyer Incentive Plan as defined above is not completed, then this offer shall become null and void and any funds offered in this HOME BUYER INCENTIVE PLAN shall no longer be available to the tenant.
Signature Properties Signature Properties is not responsible for the reporting or payment of any federal or state taxes for its clients associated with the payment of the rebate.
Tenant(s) hereby understand and agree to the Home Buyer Incentive Plan terms and conditions and defined herein.
Call today for more information on how we can help you purchase your very own home and pay you for doing so!